For more information on the responsibilities and eligibility for this position, please visit the UN Careers portal.
The position is located in the Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (APCICT), Incheon, Republic of Korea. The incumbent reports to the Programme Officers and Director of APCICT.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, and overall supervision of the Director of APCICT, the incumbent is required to perform the following functions:
- Performs a wide range of office support and administrative functions, including assisting in providing organizational, coordination, logistical and administrative support to the implementation of ICT capacity development projects and e-learning activities.
- Provides assistance in developing and upgrading e-learning contents and the operation of the APCICT Virtual Academy including the development of digital content using social media, websites and email outreach
- Responds or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Monitors processes and schedules related to the Centre’s programmes and activities.
- Researches, compiles and organizes information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
- Generates a variety of standard statistical and other reports, work orders, etc., using various databases.
- Proofreads documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, and for adherence to established standards for format.
- Assists in the maintenance of websites by scanning, converting and posting a variety of documents onto the site.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
- Updates and maintains large distribution lists; monitors, prepares and distributes various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; handles arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinates shipment arrangements, courier services, etc.
- Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Relevant first-level university degree in combination with one year of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of three years of required experience.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Applicants who have not passed the GGST at the time of application may be invited for the test after submitting an application. Staff members who were granted a fixed-term, continuing or permanent as a result of having passed a predecessor test recognized by the Office of Human Resources Management, and who have continuously held such appointments, are not required to take the new test. Please indicate what year and duty station if you passed the test.
- A minimum of three years (or one year if graduated with a bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible experience in general office support or related area is required.
- Experience in maintaining websites or e-learning portal is desirable.
- Experience with the United Nations Common System or international organizations is desirable.
- Experience in design and authoring tools, programs, and software (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Rise, Adobe Suite) is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage
Qualified applicants may be evaluated through a competency-based interview and/or other assessment methods.